I did enjoy being back in the library again, stamping books with the Hillside name and address, pressing the due date marker into the black ink pad, gluing in paper pockets. One earnest boy took out a book about volcanos and another, a paperback about mummies. AND I checked out [it had to be under Punchy's name] The Hundred Dresses by Eleanor Estes. I love it. I'm halfway through and then will pass on to her.
$ MONEY SPENT OUT OF POCKET
- Lillie Belle Farms, a wonderful chocolatier in Oregon, for 2 small bags Hippie Crunch [it's vegan, and Fig is cramming for exams, but one bag is for family to share] and one Dark Star 80 percent bean-to-bar very dark bar, plus almost $17 shipping, $36.92. Simply put, I cannot get out to the farm, so this time, I paid to ship the treats. SPLURGE for sure.
- Cafe Giotto, fabulous fresh lunch plus bag of small almond biscotti, plus tip, $34.
- Cafe Giotto, that tomato focaccia was so good, I got the last piece to bring home to Dan. With tip, $4.50.
- CVS, organic milk, Fairlife chocolate milk and small Dawn dish sop, $10.04.
- CVS, bath salts and two bottles body wash, $15.22.
- Starbucks, our internet was down and had to come here to send an article back to editor. Internet is back up now. Reusable water cup with straw and PB Perfect Bar, $6.88.
AVERAGE DAILY SPEND THIS MONTH: $121.14.
I will break down the categories tomorrow.
Aren't you sick of hearing about that $79 lamp and $55 hand cream by now? But it really helped me to see my list of luxuries every night, to keep my eye on the ball and not feel deprived.