- Joyist, I felt sick, cold coming on. I got the iced pink Natalie with the “I’m sick” boost, $10.
- Williams-Sonoma, I had $15 Key Rewards bonus. Got 2 pretty melamine plates on sale, added $5.81cash.
- Montclair parking meters, $2.25.
- Lunch-size gnocchi bolognese and jar tip; I was short on tip and plan to go back and make it up, $18.
- Gumdrop Hair Salon, blowout by Rachel, who put my hair in low ponytail. I brought slim Tiffany-blue scarf for her to tie around it. I volunteered at montclairbounce.org community meal [open to all, no charge] and wanted my hair out of my face. $40 + tips, $52.
- Whole Foods, banana, 22 cents. [I was picking up sweets for the community meal; Whole Foods generously donated a $150 gift card to choose desserts and I selected good-looking fudge brownies, lemon cupcakes, bakery cookies by the pound....but did not want to take a first bite. I paid for, with my money, and started eating my Whole Trade banana before the cashier began ringing up the cart of treats.]
COMPARE TO APRIL STATS, DID MUCH BETTER IN MAY—largely due to spending 9 days with Sis? and not home on the spending range in Montclair? Obviously, when I was with Sis, I wasn't buying groceries for family, incidentals for Punch or luxe Montclair drinks. But I still could have found a way to overspend online or in Connecticut if I were determined.
- Barbara Eclectic, sale rack outside, pretty blue-print faux-wrap dress with $162 price tag marked down. Label is PAPILLON BLANC, designed and manufactured in Montréal, $30.
- Little Bear Poke, lunch for me, Punch, 2 pals, and shave ice for two girls, plus tips and with $5 reward taken off, $50.92. Splurge.
- Moss & More, really cool poppy flower kit. I love poppies. $15.46.
- Java Love, iced coffees for me and Fig, granola bar for her, with tip, $12.
- Kings, half pound lox, rolls, chive cream cheese, milk, PB, dark chocolate bar, veg sushi and dumplings for girls because I felt too sick with this cold to cook and Dan out all day and night, $48.16. Biked home with groceries.
MONTHLY JUNE SPEND AS OF JUNE 1: $156.54.
AVERAGE DAILY SPEND FOR JUNE: $156.54.