Search This Blog

Saturday, June 1, 2019

Friday & Saturday Post/June Begins

Friday, May 31
$ MONEY SPENT OUT OF POCKET
  • Joyist, I felt sick, cold coming on. I got the iced pink Natalie with the “I’m sick” boost, $10.
  • Williams-Sonoma, I had $15 Key Rewards bonus. Got 2 pretty melamine plates on sale, added $5.81cash. 
  • Montclair parking meters, $2.25.
  • Lunch-size gnocchi bolognese and jar tip; I was short on tip and plan to go back and make it up, $18.
  • Gumdrop Hair Salon, blowout by Rachel, who put my hair in low ponytail. I brought slim Tiffany-blue scarf for her to tie around it. I volunteered at montclairbounce.org community meal [open to all, no charge] and wanted my hair out of my face. $40 + tips, $52.
  • Whole Foods, banana, 22 cents. [I was picking up sweets for the community meal; Whole Foods generously donated a $150 gift card to choose desserts and I selected good-looking fudge brownies, lemon cupcakes, bakery cookies by the pound....but did not want to take a first bite. I paid for, with my money, and started eating my Whole Trade banana before the cashier began ringing up the cart of treats.] 
$ TOTAL DAILY SPEND: $88.28.
TOTAL SPEND FOR MONTH AS OF MAY 31: $2,348.24.
THIS IS $1,286.04 LESS THAN APRIL MONTHLY SPEND. THE MAY SPEND IS 64 PERCENT OF THE WHAT THE APRIL SPEND WAS.
MAY AVERAGE DAILY SPEND: $75.75. 
THIS AVERAGE IS $45.39 LESS THAN APRIL AVERAGE DAILY SPEND. THE MAY AVG. NUMBER IS 62 PERCENT OF WHAT THE APRIL DAILY NUMBER WAS.

COMPARE TO APRIL STATS, DID MUCH BETTER IN MAY—largely due to spending 9 days with Sis? and not home on the spending range in Montclair? Obviously, when I was with Sis, I wasn't buying groceries for family, incidentals for Punch or luxe Montclair drinks. But I still could have found a way to overspend online or in Connecticut if I were determined.
TOTAL MONTHLY SPEND FOR APRIL: $3,634.28.
AVERAGE DAILY SPEND IN APRIL: $121.14.

Saturday, June 1
$ MONEY SPENT OUT OF POCKET
  • Barbara Eclectic, sale rack outside, pretty blue-print faux-wrap dress with $162 price tag marked down. Label is PAPILLON BLANC, designed and manufactured in MontrĂ©al, $30.
  • Little Bear Poke, lunch for me, Punch, 2 pals, and shave ice for two girls, plus tips and with $5 reward taken off, $50.92. Splurge.
  • Moss & More, really cool poppy flower kit. I love poppies. $15.46.
  • Java Love, iced coffees for me and Fig, granola bar for her, with tip, $12.
  • Kings, half pound lox, rolls, chive cream cheese, milk, PB, dark chocolate bar, veg sushi and dumplings for girls because I felt too sick with this cold to cook and Dan out all day and night, $48.16. Biked home with groceries.
TOTAL DAILY SPEND: $156.54.
MONTHLY JUNE SPEND AS OF JUNE 1: $156.54.
AVERAGE DAILY SPEND FOR JUNE: $156.54.




3 comments:

  1. Not feeling well, yet you biked around town - I think we're re-defining what "taking it easy" means - and that's a good thing! Yay You!

    Nan

    ReplyDelete
  2. feel better, Alice! And yay for you on better spending in May!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Nan and Kim....I'm on my laptop now, so I can comment. I tried many ways on my iPhone but could not. This doesn't bode well, especially when I travel to Maine, Cape Cod, etc. because I often rely on my iPhone. Hope all is well. Thanks for the notes. Love, Alice

    ReplyDelete