Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 11, 2019

Tuesday Afternoon Quarterbacking

I have to catch up on yesterday, especially the money part. It does feel good to take inventory.

TCOY
  1. Walked around block.
  2. Walked to town.
  3. Got hair colored and cut.
  4. Asked Fig to get Punch from schoolbus stop in rain so I could take a short nap.
  5. Went to women's group.
  6. Made healthy plate to bring to #5 and serve to my family: halved fresh figs, sliced fresh mozzarella and prosciutto arranged on platter, topped with garden basil leaves, drizzled with olive oil and squeezed lemon and showered with freshly ground salt and pepper. This is a dish my friend and next-door neighbor, Julie, had in some wonderful spot in Italy with her husband. She came back home and made it, and shared the recipe.
$ MONEY SPENT OUT OF POCKET
This one is a doozy.
  • Vamp Hair Studio, color, cut, blowout, $195 plus tip plus natural lip balm made by Nico, $238.
  • Back to Vamp for Bumble and Bumble Mending Shampoo, color-safe to preserve my salon investment, $33.05. [I will keep on top shelf of linen closet so family does not use it.]
  • Jackie's Grillette, took myself to lunch with ice water and tip, $16.38.
  • CVS, three Hallmark cards, one gift card for bday, local milk, Kind bars, sack of lavender bath salt, etc., $67.20.
  • Kings, fresh figs [big, plump and pretty as a painting, but short window of time in market and sky-high $2 each; I got the last 12]; 1/2 lb. prosciutto; 1/2 lb. fresh mozzarella; 2 lemons; organic milk; dinner rolls; etc., $69.21.
  • Uber home with groceries in pouring rain, with tip, $9.30.
  • Bank ATM fee, $3.
  • Lillypulitzer.com, I have been wanting to get a dress for a while. I also needed a new laptop case since the zipper on mine broke after about 2 years and I don't want my valuable laptop getting wet if something spills in my bag. Then I added the great market tote so I would total $150 and get free 2-day shipping [$25 value]. $153.44.
  • Gift, $80.
Here are photos of my Lilly purchases, which should last a long, colorful time:
Market tote, $14.

Tech sleeve, $36.

Adrianna dress, size XL, $98. Add order tax of $3.44.

TOTAL SPENT OUT OF POCKET: $669.58.
RUNNING TOTAL FOR MONTH AS OF JUNE 10: $1,694.85.
AVERAGE DAILY SPEND: $169.48.

MONEY THOUGHTS: Big June spends include LillyPulitzer.com dress, tech sleeve 
for laptop, market tote, $154; salon cut, color and shampoo product, $271; gift, $80; 
Ubers while our only car was in shop for 4 days; Joyist morning, $37; teachers' 
toasts tickets, $74; teachers' gift, $40; and Aerin sale at Williams-Sonoma, $78. 

KEEPING AN EYE ON PAST MONTHS

MAY TOTAL SPEND: $2,348.24.
MAY AVERAGE DAILY SPEND: $75.75. 

APRIL TOTAL SPEND: $3,634.28.
APRIL AVERAGE DAILY SPEND: $121.14.





No comments:

Post a Comment