A clean, streamlined place. No dust bunnies lurking in corners. No piles of dishes. No clutter.
It's nice to have several calm days with my Sis.....she is still recovering after her May mastectomy...and now the reconstruction process, which is gradual......the surgery for that, to finalize it after a series of "fills" with fluid, is September 3. I'm hoping to be there and back home in time for Punchy's first day of middle school that Thursday.
Dan working at an event in Boston....Punchy will be away for a full two weeks....it's really long....I miss her. She has been texting me fairly often from Mimi's phone or her own iPad, when allowed to use it. Dan and I driving down Thursday to Mimi's and Poppy's, stay over one night in little cottage on lake next to their house, drive back with Punch on Friday.
Inevitably, we will hit a speed bump in life and emotions. That typically happens when Punch returns from a visit at Mimi's [her paternal grandma's; Mimi is 55] or, a rarer occurrence, her birth mom's. Even if we love her with all our hearts, and our home is her home, it has to feel like a bounce.
It's been so hot, Sis and I have been taking it slow. We did little things, like cash in $132 worth of coins in the supermarket coin machine, grocery shop, return a library book, drop something off at Goodwill. She doesn't want to swim and it was hot as hell, too hot to go out on a chartered sailboat....it's just good to see each other and talk. Tomorrow, we are invited to brunch at her friends' house. We hope to walk to and from 9 a.m. Mass.
I walked Buttercup today and we were both so hot...she barely wanted to proceed. But I picked her little self up and carried her over the hot blacktop parking lot, and we covered a little ground by the marina.
- Talking to Sis. This has not been an easy process for my sister. I'm glad I can be here.
- Had veggies at lunch and dinner. Sis makes sure I eat veggies. It's caring.
- Little Buddha Thai restaurant, took Sis to lunch, with tip, $35.62.
- The Paper Store, a navy cross-body bag [purse] because the zipper broke on my older one on Friday; one great little Cape Cod-theme notebook; and a card Sis bought. She had a 25 percent coupon off the bag--so $17 savings. $65.93.
- Oo La La, large iced coffee and 3 chocolate-covered pretzels for us, $8.24.