Search This Blog

Saturday, October 12, 2019

Sisters

I love being with my Sis--but when I saw the rocky coast of Newport, this venerable old seaport, after you drive past the sprawling mansions and over to the craggy edge, I wished Dan, Figgy and Punch--even Sug--had been with us, too.

Seeing nature in its most remarkable state is a memory, a compass point. I loved witnessing it with Sis and Buttercup, don't get me wrong. But feeling small next to the water, knowing that life changes and tides turn, and a coast can be awe-inspiring for a visitor but treacherous for a boat.....I guess I wanted to be at that compass point with all of the people closest to me, including Sis. I wanted us all to see that wonder together, not just to shoulder through everyday life making coffee, waking to alarms, packing lunches, sharpening pencils, doing homework....I wanted us to see that striking beauty together.

I'm tired. Good night.

TCOY
  1. Sis, Butter and I enjoyed our walk!
  2. Short nap before dinner.
  3. Spinach.
$ MONEY SPENT OUT OF POCKET
  • Anchored in Pink, the Lilly Pulitzer signature store on Thames Street [thanks for the tip, Celia]. Got my new Lilly agenda for October 2019 through December 2020. With tax, $32.10. Life looks good moving forward.
  • Mokka Coffeehouse, on Spring Wharf, light lunch and coffees for me and Sis, plus tip jar, $25.
  • Dinner in our hotel steakhouse, very good, I treated; Sis generously paid for our room. With cocktail, dessert and tip, $78.
  • Vending machine, bottles of water for me and Sis, $4.
TOTAL DAILY SPEND: $139.10.
Ongoing spend for month as of October 12: $954.64.
Average daily spend: $79.55. Danger, Will Robinson: That avg daily spend is higher than last month's as of now. I knew it would spike when traveling to Newport, with food etc. Will try to bring it down.


COMPARE TO TWO PRIOR MONTHS:
TOTAL SPEND FOR SEPTEMBER (30 DAYS): $2,214.43.🍎⬇️
AVERAGE DAILY SPEND: $73.81.🍎⬇️

TOTAL SPEND FOR AUGUST (31 DAYS): $2,895.06. ⬆️
AUGUST AVERAGE DAILY SPEND: $93.39.  ⬆️






No comments:

Post a Comment