Search This Blog

Friday, July 10, 2020

Good Morning

Once again, I didn't post even two words last night.

Dan and I watched the old movie "Reversal of Fortune"--the Sunny von Bülow story--starring Glenn Close, Jeremy Irons and Ron Silver. We had an old video that Will and Kelly brought up to the Cape Cod house, and Figgy had watched it there, but we hadn't.

It was very good, and Mr. Irons won an Oscar for Best Actor. I love him, especially when he voiced Scar in "The Lion King" [1994]. I had that soundtrack for years and now will add to my Spotify, as I've missed it. This is sooooo rich....watch!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0WjHJjYBYI

Now that I checked Wikipedia--click that link, he is so handsome--I see that he played the twin gynecologists in David Cronenberg's psychological thriller Dead Ringers (1988). Sis and I saw that with a guy she was dating--we went to a movie theater in Times Square after work--and it was gripping and scary. Unforgettable. [Her date chose the film.]

I spent a fair amount of money yesterday and will update later. I have an article to write today for ASPIRE. How long has it been since you heard me say those words? I've been been doing essays more.... I thought I would be on staff where I was freelancing full-time, and told my editor I could only do a couple of pieces for the quarterly magazine. And also, Covid. Everything changed during Covid, espeically magazine production--even Vogue did one issue for June/July instead of its usual two.

It feels good to be back writing a style article.

TTYL.

Yesterday TCOY
  1. Blueberries at breakfast.
  2. Went to dr. appt and to CVS. Dr. suggested Omega 3/fish oil capsules to bring down triglycerides, so I got some. Dan wrote a book about the dangers of the unregulated supplement market, so over the years, he has balked if I tried to bring supplements in. So far, I'm in this time. I have to take a big dose. Two 1,000 mg capsules twice a day. I got the odorless ones. But please check with your doctor before trying this.
  3. Nice shampoo.
  4. Chelsea Square, a store that has been in Montclair for about 40 years [under three different owners, the first and second for a long time] , is closing. It carries Kiehl's and a lot of other good brands; I've found a lot of beauty secrets there. Everything is 50 percent off, and I got some great TCOY items for face, legs, body--plus bath bubbles and a rose candle from Paris.
  5. Lit candle and washed face--owning the products does not guarantee using them.
  6. Dan made salad for our movie dinner.
  7. Gardened.







No comments:

Post a Comment