Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 2, 2024

Discomfort & Unease

That's what I feel, discomfort and unease. Over so much. So much. Jittery and sad and scared, things looking dreary, like the weather.

Punch is on spring break this week. Our car is on the fritz. When our girls were young, Dan and I (or just I, or with my friend Anne and her kids) would take them away, give them a change of scenery. To Cape Cod, or Cape May, at the sandy tip of New Jersey, or to see Sis for an overnight in Connecticut. To make the breaks meaningful, to get another perspective, to get out of town.

This week, if anything, without a car, I will take Punch on the train to NYC for a day. Dan is also being flown to Palm Springs, California to work at a party on Thursday. He will be back on Saturday. And I'm stuck here with these problems.

I'm sad, and scared. I don't like a lot of what's going on around here. I don't. But my work is good, and also, I plan to productively put stuff away, hang clothes up etc.

Thanks for listening.

Signing off sadly.


4 comments:

  1. Alice, sending you love and light

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good work, focusing on what you can control. And being there is a lot.
    Liz

    ReplyDelete