Search This Blog

Monday, April 22, 2024

Rainy Days and Mondays


Carpenters release from 1971. Image link from HERE.
Lyrics: Hanging around
Nothin' to do but frown
Rainy days and Mondays always get me down

Monday is the hardest day of the week. I felt that way especially as a young woman starting my full-time career after college...and then all through my work in NYC. Girls just wanna have fun on weekends, resist return to early alarm, realities of grown-up life. 

I would like to ponder how to make Mondays more productive now, working at home. I took a walk around the block and saw a fat white moon at about 8 p.m., hanging proud in all its glory and constancy. Radiance. I will never see the moon the same way since watching it cover the sun on eclipse day. 

That sphere tonight was a pretty gift. But 8 p.m., that's how long it took me to get out the door. Some days are like that.

I get up at 7:35 a.m. on school days for Punch. I start with a mug of coffee with cream, NY Times word games (to ease into the day), eat breakfast late, tend to overeat (today, fig bars purchased for Punch lunch) when trying to bridge the transition from breakfast to desk. I don't walk early, don't shower or take a bath early. I have weekly telehealth therapy at noon and Punch has hers at 5:30, often in person. The day is disjointed. But I could make it smoother. I will think about it. I'm always more productive with my assignments when I have showered, taken good care of my teeth, put on a nice outfit, makeup and accessories. It's called playing the part and showing up for myself.

Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment