Search This Blog

Saturday, November 13, 2010

Montclair

Now that we're less than a week away from returning home [assuming the house passes two inspections this week], I'm getting excited about being back in town. It looks so lovely and old-fashioned now, with crisp orange, yellow and red leaves against a background of blue sky and tudor houses.

I look forward to being able to walk or bike into town for groceries, gifts, haircuts, postage stamps, coffee--or a yoga class. I want to say hi to the mailman, Paul, and exchange nods and smiles with the UPS guy, who leaves his truck door open and plays music from the 60s and 70s. I want to plant tulip bulbs, put up Christmas lights, and leave candles glowing on the table.

I love the neighbors on our block, and it will be good to be back in their midst. Back in walking distance to borrow eggs or vanilla extract. Back near the flock of little boys and girls who have grown some the eight months we've been away. I love talking to them all, big and small.

Still, moving is stressful for a part-time hoarder like me. But as I told Sis and Moey, the people on the TV shows "Hoarders" and "Clean House" make me look like an angel.

So there.

No comments:

Post a Comment