Search This Blog

Monday, June 20, 2011

Article Archive: Check My Piece in Good Housekeeping Magazine

My article--Drive Down Your Car Costs--is on page 94
 in the July issue, on sale now.
In the magazine world, we work so far ahead that I was researching and writing this car costs article the week Dad died, back in early March [though it shipped to print much later]. Dad gave me some ideas for it, about what car dealers often overcharge for. It felt reassuring just to talk to him about it. No matter how much pain he was in, he'd muster up the energy to see how we all were, and how our work was going. Yet one more reason to miss our good Dad.

Right now, believe it or not, I'm on deadline for a piece for the December issue.

Good night to you--though I'll be up working for a while.

TCOY
  1. Boot camp in the park.
  2. Walked Sug around block once.
  3. A little reading, long nap.
  4. Iced coffee @ Starbucks, no evil little cake pop.
  5. Shower with lavender scrub.





5 comments:

  1. Well done Alice - I look forward to reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work, Alice! I admire your consistent roster of freelance work. I know it's not easy, but I hope it is proving rewarding for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lisa and Eileen...thank you for the nice notes. I have been working hard this year.....despite losing Dad.....Eileen, please send me links, tell me what you're writing! and Lisa, I love your blog! alice

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alice,
    I remember my favorite part of working at McCall's was eating the Christmas cookies they made in July for the December issue (my office was right next to the test kitchen).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Celia, I remember talking to you about that! Same thing at Woman's Day, my first job.....they had "giveaway tables"/counters in the hallways, and sometimes desserts, great cookbooks or treasures from the crafts dept would pop up there. It was awesome, truly. And I always loved seeing Christmas cookies in July, too. Miss you and trust all is well. alice

    ReplyDelete