Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Honeysuckle and Young Love

When I walked Sug at about 10 P.M., the air over near Jody's house was sweet and heavy with the intoxicating scent of honeysuckle spreading wild on the hill. And Sug and I came across two teens talking and walking quietly in the dark--of course, loudmouth Sug interrupted their privacy with loud barks.

It takes me back to the summer of 1977, when I had a summer boyfriend who walked me home at night. But that's another story.

Still, some things about youth, and summer, never really change. I hope they are the same 50 years from now, too,and 50 years after that.

Good night.

TCOY
  1. Got some grilled artichokes at Italian market.
  2. Stared down Nabisco Double Stuf Oreos and Nutter Butters @ CVS, on sale for 99 cents each.
  3. Walked Sug around block once.
  4. Made schedule of all we have to do before camp departure Sunday, from filling RXs to applying for child passport. [Sis and Don are toying with taking Figgy to Greece for a week in August!] The list making helped me feel in control and can-do.




No comments:

Post a Comment