|I love this photo of Alberto Costa and his daughter,|
Tyche [pronounced Tishy], who is 16.
Photo by Lydia Panas for The New York Times.
Well, it's the dream of many writers, really. H.'s article is in this Sunday's New York Times Magazine [July 31]!
Check this article link. It's about a Dad and a daughter, and research into Down syndrome. It is really inspiring--the subject and the reporting. I think most of all, I like the relationship between father and child.
I am so proud of H. He worked long and hard on this. He has come so far since I first toasted him with champagne at the Algonquin years ago, when he published an article in the NY Times newspaper.
I have to admit that I hope some of his determination and single focus and tunnel vision rubs off on me. I could use some of that, I thought as I motored through the mountains on 87 North and 17 West to pick Figgy up today. I really have to get off my derriere and write a book. Otherwise, I will be 60 and still saying the same thing.
- Kept just one perfect, candylike, walnut-topped, chilled fudge brownie--cut the rest into squares and packed them up as a thank-you gift for some special people.
- Walked Sug around block once in steamy heat.
- Only ate about half of fries and half of roll at lunch.
- Tall, refreshing seltzer with lime.
- Too hot to cook--got two veggie pizza slices for H.'s and my dinner. Figgy made a PB&J. I did, however, round out my meal with a frozen margarita H. whirred in the blender.