Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Burning Midnight Oil Again

Too tired to write. Slouch and slump too much in daytime, work too much at night. Must change that up.

Researching Disney World for an article assignment. Kind of fun. But lots of facts to check and doublecheck, re. everything from proper name of Dumbo ride to DW entry fee. More to come.

HOLD IT! Do not touch the dials on your computer. This is H. adding a comment. Figgy away, Alice's beloved Papa (who Figgy and I liked to call "Grumpus") even farther away, and now, as the summer sizzles, Alice is slowly recovering from the hellish winter and spring we all went through. Each night she sits at her computer and worksworksworks. Have you ever seen this girl pounding away at a keyboard, like Ali beating in Frasier's face? No one else sits so still and works so steadily. Anyway, say a prayer for our Figgy, who looks to be back on the straight and narrow up at camp, and say a prayer for Alice, the Nicest, Smartest, Funniest Woman in the World. Who is way overdue for a lot more FUN. But then I'm prejudiced. -- "H"

7 comments:

  1. What a lovely and true comment from H! Let's have some fun Alice. Let me know when you guys go upstate to see Figgy and we'll have you over for dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Grumpus"... perfect. But in a nice way. Are the dials on my computer next to the CD drive? Alice and H., I will continue to hope and pray for the health and well-being of Fig. Love, Lin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lisa and Lin...thank you! H. came over and wrote that and threw me off course...I didn't even list my TCOYs yesterday, though truly, yesterday was an unusual anti-TCOY day that I don't want to repeat soon again. love, alice

    ReplyDelete
  4. P.S. i know, Lin--dials on the computer! i think i found my cd drive! love al

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just kidding about the dials. I knew exactly what he meant. Now I'm worried that it came across smart-alecky – I didn't mean it to. I am also from the dial generation.

    ReplyDelete
  6. no, not smart-alecky at all. love you. al

    ReplyDelete