Search This Blog

Monday, July 11, 2011

I Hate the Heat

Can't believe I grew up without A.C. At some point, Dad had a window unit in his bedroom in Dumont, I think, and/or maybe the little TV room, too. But otherwise, I remember roasting. And hot tar bubbles on the streets, poking my sneaker in them all summer.

When Dad was teaching me to drive in our little green Datsun, if we finally got moving, rather than lurching on a hill with the emergency brake, he'd say Thank God, a breeze.

Now, I couldn't survive without A.C. I can't wait to crank it up in the car. I love that we have one in our bedroom. 

Today was not such a good day. Worries and tears. Hanging in there. Saw bunny out on lawn--H. brought me to the door to show me. Felt like Dad watching over. One day @ a time.

Good night.

TCOY
  1. Boot camp in the park. 
  2. Went to grocery store to get lean turkey, roast beef, Jarlsberg Lite and rye bread for sandwiches. Stared down packs of rich cookies on sale. Got one small box of animal crackers, like my Grandma Alice sometimes bought me as a girl.
  3. Walked Sug around block once. She was dying, in her white shag coat.
  4. Washed sheets, dried out in sun for fresh feeling.
  5. Read, napped.
  6. Tackled work--one way to TCOY.
  7. Tracked my spending. Challenging, but feels good.

2 comments:

  1. 8. Made plans to see my biggest fans in Stuy Town next week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, yes!!!!! thanks Celia. i miss you all. and that visit truly is TCOY, too. love alice

    ReplyDelete