I did rouse myself to do some good things--and did avoid doing unhealthy things, like eating mounds of marshmallows--but it's really thanks to H. that we got out and took a nice walk this evening at a nature preserve called The Celery Farm in Allendale, NJ. I'm glad he insisted. It was peaceful and quiet, and reminded me of my beloved Wellfeet Bay Wildlife Sanctuary on Cape Cod. I should be back there soon! But this one was only about 30 minutes away, not 300+ miles!
We saw wild raspberries and a Canadian goose and a rusty old farm tractor and cattails, and heard frogs and bird calls--and also met a couple of other families quietly taking it all in.
- Rode my bike to church and back, and added a short extra loop on way home.
- Walked Sug around block 1 1/2 times.
- Read and napped.
- Nice walk at nature preserve.
- Stared down Cheez Waffies @ Stop & Shop.
- Late, healthy dinner made by H.--salmon, steamed green beans, warm bread, coleslaw, fresh cherries.