Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Nicky Runs--and Nicky Cooks!

My lovely boot camp friend, Nicky Sandels, is doing an International Cooking Workshop series in Millburn, NJ, and Patsy and I went tonight for Latin Cuisines. Nicky is working with nutritionist Colleen Johnson on the project.

It was really fresh and really fun, from homemade baked tortilla chips to margaritas and sangria, paella and Tequila Lime Steak. We all had stations with chef's toques, aprons, cutting boards and knives. Tonight, Nicky showed me how to prep, cut and cook raw calamari and lobster. I watched Patsy seed a tomato, peel a mango and remove the beards from mussels. I sipped sangria made with red summer berries. I sliced chorizo and stirred in saffron. Yum. We all chatted and laughed.

I am stuffed and was even a little tipsy--those frosty little margarita cupfuls went down easy. But it was great fun. Took my mind off a couple of big worries--for at least four hours.

Good night.

TCOY
  1. Boot camp in the park, including two sprints on track today.
  2. Lots of ice water.
  3. Went to NYC on bus--getting away gives perspective.
  4. Walked Sug around block once.
  5. Hummus and pita chips.
  6. Resisted gracious offer to take home hunk of delicious, rich Tres Leches Cake after cooking class.

2 comments:

  1. I really wish I could have come - it sounded like a wonderful evening. The inlaws leave tomorrow so so we went to Halcyon. Glad you had fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lisa...i wish you could have come, I really do. It was a lot of fun and the food was so good. Kyra [sp] from bc class might do one of the upcoming evenings.....hope to see you soon. alice

    ReplyDelete