|Go Blossom! I challenge you to save the day.|
This time, at the Greenwich Water Club on River Road in Cos Cob, Connecticut, a club Sis and Don belong to. Sis took Don, me and H. and another couple out for Don's birthday tonight. We walked over, along the winding road, past boats, kayaks and a cute inn. It was really nice, and lavish--I had Grilled Kobe Flat Iron Steak with Baby Arugula and Heirloom Tomato! And Sis and I both had Paris tea after dinner, with a petite Chocolate Molten Lava Cake that we shared. Don had filet mignon with extra mushrooms [his favorite extra] and a warm Individual Apple Pie with vanilla ice cream, which he also loves. The waiter stuck a candle in it. Don looked very happy.
Aside: H. had a big bowl of tender, delicate fresh pasta with lobster and since he is sheepish about taking doggy bags home, I asked him to pass his bowl to me for a taste when he was finished, then had the waiter wrap it up. Now, it's in our fridge! I hate to waste any food, especially food from a fancy restaurant. And especially food with lobster!
Another hard day, for various reasons. Yet, gather ye rosebuds while ye may, as 17th century English poet Robert Herrick said. Mine:
- Beautiful breeze.
- Put up another nail to hang wrought-iron planter on side of house in backyard.
- Planted a couple more Garden Bon Bons, bought on sale at end of season. Actually, you just pop them on top of the dirt and water them. They look like truffles, but they're seeds packed in compost balls. A couple of others I planted are starting to bloom; the truffles cracked open like planets with fissures. Cool.
- Scored E. Guittard Unsweetened Chocolate Baking Wafers at Williams-Sonoma for $3.99 [regularly $15 for the 1 lb. box]--might make the brownie recipe on back soon, possibly for Figgy and friends or camp group.
- Chance to sit next to my sister.
- Nice Powerpuff Girls postcard from my Figgy Girl @ camp. It was addressed to The Hurleys and it opened with Hey guys! I miss you! and closed with XOXO, Figgy.
- Glorious full moon. And just now, took Sug out front--the clouds look like thick tufts of white cotton candy you could reach up and poke with a stick, set, as if in a beautiful painting, against a still-deep-blue-at-12:44-A.M. sky.
- Faced music big time on appt. with H. and accountant. Very hard.
- Walked Sug around block once.
- Twenty-minute nap.
- Worked through worries best I could.