We had a great day today. Bill from Lower Cape Electric came @ 8 A.M. and got the water flowing [needed new circuit breaker for pump]. Nikki and I took Sug for the first of a few long walks today. We three went to breakfast at the Wicked Oyster in Wellfleet, read and napped, and then hit the bike path this evening for a beautiful ride. We love the Cape Cod Rail Trail. This evening we saw:
- A baby fox, orange and cute
- A cottontail bunny scampering across our path
- Young men fishing in the pond
- Gorgeous Queen Anne's Lace and butterfly bushes
P.S. I am blogging from my favorite spot--the Hot Chocolate Sparrow in Orleans! Free WiFi! Nice iced mocha sparrow. New T-shirts, this time in mocha with flattering V-neck for women. Anne and I love checking these out, and adding to our collection. The nice woman here just told me the door is locked from the inside. I'll get right out, I said. No, that's okay, but at 11:15, we'll ask you to leave, she said kindly.
It is 11:10. About to turn into chocolate pumpkin. Must go.
- Walked over Uncle Tim's Bridge in Wellfleet with Nikki.
- Walked Sug like three times with Nik!
- Bike ride on my favorite path ever.
- Avoided French fries.