|Here is the adorable cookbook. I must make pilgrimage to bakery in NYC!|
Please understand, this is quite a departure from the fabulous brownies I've long mastered, and even the fruit crumbles and crisps, which involve copious amounts of butter and sugar. But I love experimenting, can't resist a good cookbook, and feel like I want to eat more healthfully, not so much refined white flour and sugar, etc. Buying these ingredients, especially the xanthum gum, was an investment. But now I have my arsenal.
I have to say that the cobbler was pretty good. Fruit so juicy! The three men at the table especially seemed to like it. I assembled it all and popped it in the oven at Anne and Michael's house, where we went for dinner. [I had to bake longer than time in book.]
Also: Figgy called us on Sis's iPhone from the cruise ship in Greece. Today they went to the island of Mykonos and she said it was beautiful. She sounded really happy. :)
- Boot camp in the park, fueled with PB on whole-wheat toast. Boot camp so hard today, in broiling heat, running up and down stadium steps, etc. Proud I did it.
- Whole Foods! Easy to overspend, so can't go often. Got fresh peppers; roasted red pepper dip; jalapeno hummus; good olives from olive bar; etc. etc.
- Walked Sug around block twice.
- Biked over to friends' house.
- Nurturing to see friends for dinner, share laughter, discuss prep for impending Hurricane Irene.
- Did delicate wash, hung on rack to dry, so have something nice to wear tomorrow.
- Relaxing shampoo and shower.
- Good tooth care.