|Meeting bowls. News to me.|
Took bus to NYC for doctor's appt. on Upper East Side. Dr. B. said I'm proud--and I'm impressed about the bike ride. But we both want me to lose more weight, for my health.
- Exercising with the masses. Walked 1 hour each way between doctor's office and bus terminal. Felt strong and healthy.
- Sidewalk style. Breathed it all in. The young women in their flat sandals with brightly painted toenails; the older woman with a belted trench coat, black high heels, bare legs and a gossamer-thin gold ankle bracelet. Young men in suits and navy blue blazers. Prep-school girls in short skirts. Slender, white-jeaned, well-dressed moms with their children. Nannies with their charges. Dog walkers with mighty and mini customers. Tourists speaking foreign languages.
- Magnolia Bakery. Near Radio City Music Hall--to shop with my eyes. That chocolate cake with thick coat of vanilla frosting looked amazing on that pedestal, under the cake dome.
- City bus. It started to rain and I had eight more blocks to walk up Madison without an umbrella. Liked that the driver was patient as I fished for change and that the well-dressed woman across the aisle gave me a friendly smile.
- Dean & DeLuca. Yum, what can I say. Iced coffee, sushi, two tiny Amy's sandwich cookies.
- Everything bagel. Toasted with butter. Not what the doctor ordered, but I swear it was the best bagel I've ever had.
- Bergdorf Goodman. Rain on walk back forced me into my favorite haunt, to stay dry. Browsed in Tory and Milly departments, saw a great wool crewneck fall sweater with leather elbow patches by another designer. Wanted it. Peeked in the candy and tea alcove on 7, picked up and put down a rich brownie to go on 5F.
- "Meeting bowls" in Times Square. Designed to encourage group chats/a healthy community in the big city. Intriguing.
- Good tooth and hair care.
- All that walking.
- Walked Sug around block once.
- Made banana bread, so warm and comforting. Used whole-grain flour, coconut oil instead of butter, agave nectar, dark chocolate chips, walnuts.