Search This Blog

Monday, September 12, 2011

Back at My Desk, Empowered by Bike Ride

Here's what I wrote Saturday night, after first day of bike ride:

On a few stretches where I was pedaling alone, I thought of Dad, and Figgy, and H. And of my struggles with my work. I was glad for the time to contemplate.

If I can do this ride, and manage these hills, then I can certainly face my work challenges,
I thought.

I want to bring that strength back home with me. I also got proud texts from Fig, H., Sis and Moey. Good night.

So far, so good. I've been pretty productive and focused all day. Very glad of that.

Worries still linger and sometimes prevail, but am taking it one day, one hour, one breath, one turkey sandwich, one iced coffee, one chocolate-dunked graham cracker at a time.

Good night.

TCOY
  1. Washed my face, felt pampered.
  2. Bought sliced turkey, lower-fat Swiss, whole-wheat bread and good pickles. Also a few organic Pink Lady apples, mostly b/c I like the pretty name. Fig ate one already. Question is, does having them in the house count as eating one? Will try again tomorrow. Healthy snacks such an effort for me.
  3. Gardened a little. Felt so good. One plant has a big flower bud about to open--its first of the summer. I can't wait to see what color it is.
  4. Walked puffball around block once. 
  5. Tried to talk calmly about hot-button issues. Think I succeeded.






No comments:

Post a Comment