Search This Blog

Friday, September 23, 2011

I'm a Little Colander

This brightens my life. .
I admit it: It was silver-spoon priced. But it will perk up many, many gray days and countless otherwise ordinary meals. It's a tiny enamel colander, white with flowers. I already drained wild blueberries in it tonight for the Big Blues rising in the oven. [Recipe from Glamour, July 1993 issue.] 
And I figure it will inspire me to eat/display other miracle berries and also veggies, in my effort to eat more healthful produce. Picture glistening, jewel-tone raspberries, blackberries, strawberries, even fresh garden peas [not that we've ever grown those]. I plan to get my money's worth, b/c I'm going to leave it out, front and center, every day, for a happy decoration.

Good night to you.

TCOY
  1. Zero exercise, zip, zilch. Was awake from about 1 to 4 A.M., so couldn't rouse myself for boot camp. Then, it was pouring all day.
  2. Beauty salon, long overdue--blowout and pedicure. 
  3. Worked contentedly, honing essay.
  4. Did manage to eat more healthfully today--homemade shrimp and corn chowder with fresh snipped chives; veggie-topped, thin-crust pizza. Tomorrow, must continue on healthy road--and must walk even if it's raining.


No comments:

Post a Comment