Sitting in Sis's car again in the dark, deserted Ben & Jerry's parking lot with Sug, to get the WiFi signal. [Now that summer is over, B&Js closes @ 9 P.M.] I want to get home and read in bed under my blankets. Want to light a candle and open the window. Though am a bit worried about H., who had Punch over for the day at home and is having her sleep over, which she always wants to do and I often postpone. I hope it all works out with Figgy getting to school on time, etc. Sometimes Punch fights sleep until 11 P.M. H. is a good person.
Today's sand bucket list:
- Slept late, so late. Missed church. Felt rested.
- Cottage Street Bakery in Orleans--we bought a chicken pie for $20.95 and baked it for dinner. It was made from scratch and so good, though Sis and I did want a sprinkle of salt on the filling.
- Walked out by Rock Harbor with Sis and Sug.
- Iced Mocha Sparrow with whip. Yum.
- Dashed into General Store for broccoli to steam for dinner, with chicken pie.
- Wellfleet Bay Wildlife Sanctuary with Sis. We took an easy path, loved the view, shared our thoughts.
- Visited Rite, our old family friend on Quail Cover Lane.
- Watched Hitchcock's To Catch a Thief on VCR in living room. TV up here gets only three channels. We resort to the same old movies that we leave up here. It was great, like the same old rice pudding that your grandmother makes--or maybe, since it's such a glamorous old film set on the French Riviera, like the Baked Alaska she makes, wearing a hostess gown, and removes from the oven with a flourish.
- Fresh air, feet in water.
- Nice mocha drink.
- Veggies--hope that will help counteract the sweets sampling.
- Nice texts with H. and my Figgy.