It's different to travel with Sis. She's organized, on time. H. and I tend to fly by the seat of our pants. We have sometimes returned home from Maine or the Cape at 1 A.M. or later. One summer Sunday, we left Great Pond with Figgy at 8 P.M. to face a six-hour drive. Crazy, but we three wanted to take one last dip. With Sis, I was back shortly after 8 P.M. It felt civilized.
Here's hoping that the big breath of fresh Cape air will see me through a very productive week. I can't tell you I liked pulling away and seeing Coast Guard Beach and the Hot Chocolate Sparrow in my rearview mirror. But I am very grateful that I got to see them again.
- Shared laughs with my sister.
- Short walk on the beach but enough to drink in the view.
- Popped into North Eastham Post Office for two postcard stamps and loved being there on a Monday, a workday, when regular, year-round residents were picking up their mail and exchanging greetings. Me and the old salts.
- Corned beef reuben on marble rye from Sam's Deli. Sis told me to skip the bag of chips, and I did. She's worried about my health.
- Music and singing in car.