Search This Blog

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Energy Crisis

The older I get, the more exhausted I am. I know there's a lot I could change, food and beverage wise, to make me less sluggish. My amazing fitness mentor, Patsy, is all about whole grains and lean protein and hummus on everything crackers or red pepper strips.

But it's hard, so hard sometimes. Yet I know I'd be much more energized on a Patsy eating plan vs. Ritz crackers and melted cheese.

My TCOY today--making myself walk in rain with umbrella to grocery store and back [at least 15 minutes each way] ended up backfiring big time. I had breakfast @ 8 and here it was almost 2:30 by the time I was leaving the store, and I hadn't had lunch yet. I was starving. I opened the bag of pretzels and container of hummus I bought and stood there eating it, right after I paid. [I did get some strange looks, but mostly from a woman who is often unfriendly to me to begin with, for other reasons. What can I say. I could not stand out in the rain or sit on the one wet bench with the bag, the hummus, the other groceries and the umbrella. And I couldn't walk home until I ate.] So I cancelled out my good will effort and on top of that, I was cold, wet, tired and stressed the whole walk home, and my arms hurt from carrying the heavy grocery bag. So I stopped at the drugstore on the way and got two Reese's Peanut Butter Cups. Smart thinking. Sometimes, I really don't know if it will be possible to get better at this battle.

I did reclaim some ground by making a healthy dinner.

Right now, I must sleep. Saner, smarter, calmer, brighter days ahead.

Good night.






3 comments:

  1. Lately I am feeling this too, Alice. Sluggy, (very) bad food choices, saying no to exercise because I just don't feel like it. Maybe we can give each other pep talks when we meet on Sunday. I even quit WW online because I wasn't tracking at all anymore. Now with the holidays right around the corner... ugh! Is it hopeless? See ya soon! Love, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lin, your words helped me....knowing not alone....i did go to boot camp today and ran a lot there! love, al

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you. As I have mentioned, I am so impressed with your commitment to boot camp. Love, Lin

    ReplyDelete