|How romantic his lyrics can be.|
- Pump It Up
- [What's So Funny about] Peace, Love and Understanding
- Alison, with the beautiful lyrics, my aim is true. Just so romantic and lovely, and reminds me of my H. When I texted him the message Alison! from the Wellmont, he texted back My aim is true.
Also, cannot tell a lie. One of my favorite things about today was the pumpkin whoopie pie with cream-cheese filling that I got at Le Baker's Dozen. I innocently went to the dentist's office to make a payment on our family bill, and a patient was raving about the pumpkin whoopie pie. Since the bakery is right across the street, I felt compelled to get one. It was absolutely divine. Moist and pumpkin-y--and all that good beta carotene to boot, right? I have to learn to make these, now that I have my own whoopie pie pan.
- Too tired to rouse self for boot camp. Felt bad about that, but let body sink back into sleep. And in sleeping, dreamt up detailed "bones" for mystery novel I could write. Jotted them down when I woke.
- Salon blowout, booked ahead to save $5.
- Walked Sug around block once.
- Hunted and found hotel in Middlebury, Vermont for Fig, me and Sug. We're planning to drive to Stowe this weekend. A New England drink of fall is definitely TCOY. Fig off Monday for Columbus Day, and big family gathering in Stowe on Sunday, plus my friend/college roommate Meg and husband, Greg, live in Stowe. Plus, media event for Lake Champlain Chocolates and Stowe Mountain Lodge this weekend. We hope to stay with Meg + Greg one night; at Lodge one night; and I booked historic Middlebury Inn for one night. Every motel and hotel I called in and around Burlington and Stowe was completely full--leaf-peeping time. But this inn had a cancellation, and one room left--a pet-friendly one. H. can't come with us, and we'll miss him--he's been planning for months to go to Washington Island with his college buddies, two of whom have houses there.