Search This Blog

Friday, March 9, 2012

Beauty Notes

Check out original Chance and this fresh green version.
  • Chanel Chance Eau FraĆ®che Eau de Toilette Spray. I love my big new bottle. For the last two days, I've been spritzing it on my wrists, neck and in my hair as if it were bulletproof protection against life's shots. When I was a teen, my friend Linda Papa taught me to spray perfume in my hair. I'd never thought of it before. Linda was a year older than me and we spent long, hot summer days talking about life's most important issues--halter tops, bras, suntans and more.
  • Planning to keep longstanding date to go to Downing Street in Greenwich Village for lunch with Sis [and Don], and our cousins Lin and Judi tomorrow. L. and J. driving two hours from South Jersey to get here, then we'll take bus into NYC and cab to Downing Street. Heading back to the scene of our fathers' young boyhoods.
  • Kind words exchanged with professionals and parents.
  • Figgy smiled a little and we took out a notebook and asked each other to sketch things. She asked me to sketch Twinkies, Charlie Sheen and chicken wings, among other things. They were not very good renditions. I asked her to sketch a boy from school she has mentioned, her friend Ariana, Laura's cat, Greece and Cape Cod. Hers were good!
  • Cell phone lifeline.
  • Full moon at night when I walked to my car.
TCOY
  1. Hot bubble bath. Felt good to sink in.
  2. Salon blowout. Fit one in in the morning. Helpful, really helpful, from the shampoo to the styling.
  3. Ice water.
  4. About to brush teeth and read People Magazine.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you are having some rough days, Alice. I'm thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Eileen....thank you...i trust all is well with you? love alice

    ReplyDelete