Search This Blog

Sunday, March 18, 2012

Breathing in the Beauty of Greenwich Point

View of Greenwich Point. Photo from greenwichlibrary.org.
Today we drove over to Greenwich Point with Sugar. For a few winter months, dogs are let in--I think it's through March 31. There were so many dogs, and people. The air smelled good and marshy. The water looked pretty. People were lined up at the snack bar, which sells fried clam sandwiches. It was beautiful out. We were there about an hour--the time allotted until responsibility called.

One day, I'm going to come and sit on one of these benches and just stare at the water for a couple of hours, I said to Sis. How come I never have?

Later, I found a moment of grace and peace--and truth--sitting in a little memorial chapel with a heavenly blue ceiling. A golden half-moon and many stars were glued to it. The celestial bodies were flat, but not flush with the ceiling.

I just looked up and prayed. And then I put someone's name in a prayer request book. Like the people who had come before me to that quiet space, I penned my message on the sky-blue paper.

Good night. Good thoughts.

TCOY
  1. That walk at Greenwich Point, for sure.
  2. Polished Fig's nails and then mine with "Minted," a mint-green Revlon shade Sis bought for Figgy.
  3. Stopping to say that prayer and pause for grace.
  4. Had a salad with dinner. 
  5. Watched good episode of "Desperate Housewives" with Sis. Pure escapism.
  6. Going to bed now, leaving early in the morning to drive home for 9:30 A.M. boot camp class.

4 comments:

  1. That is so nice that you get to spend a lot of time with Sis. Greenwich Point looks beautiful. Dut and I want to go visit Sis one day. Hope everything else is progressing (glad there was an opening). Take care. Love, Lin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lin, it's so funny, while we were walking yesterday, I was saying to Sis, "Linda and Judi can drive to my house in the morning and I can drive them here, and we can have a picnic or go have cocktails...." we should really do it. love alice thanks for the note

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe on one of the days that Joey will be away at camp (end of June if that's good for all).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lin...i will check with Sis...what are the dates? love alice xoxo

    ReplyDelete