Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Day is Done

Remembering the simple days when I camped as a Girl Scout, and Mrs. Radicia [RA-DISH-A] and Mrs. Guth led us in "Taps" as we sat around the campfire:

Day is done,
Gone the sun,
From the lake, from the hills, from the sky;
All is well, safely rest, God is nigh.

I had no idea when I zipped myself up in the old flannel-lined sleeping bag what life had in store for me, good, bad, ugly. But my Girl Scout days did give me can-do principles. A pioneering spirit. Confidence. Friends. Crafty skills, from fire building to mess-kit cooking. And Mrs. Radicia--she left some lasting lessons with me. Thank you, Mrs. Radicia. [Where is your daughter Donna? I should search Facebook.]

Good night to you.

TCOY
  1. Boot camp in the park, pretty day.
  2. Walked Fluff around block once.
  3. Rested and read.
  4. Tried to talk calmly. Try, fail. Try again.
  5. Called my sister-in-law and my niece to catch up...finally.

No comments:

Post a Comment