Search This Blog

Monday, March 5, 2012

Knitting Together Some Positive Thoughts

OMG, this yarn is lovely. Photo from Trumpet Hill, an Albany, NY business.
Fig asked me to teach her to knit today. I tried to show her once before, a while back. I've made pretty scarves for her and for my mother-in-law; Fig's is sparkly aqua and sparkly pink; Mary's, I think, was pink and white.

I never finished the one I started for H. but hope to one day. [To tell you the truth, I had him pick out the yarn--he chose two colors--and I really don't like how it looks, or its heft.]

So I got out my knitting tote tonight, after a long hiatus--and rediscovered a skein of hand-painted pure wool yarn in a gorgeous, fresh-squeezed orange color. The label says Malabrigo Aquarella Super Bulky Thick & Thin. It cost $14.  think I bought it at the yarn store in Belfast, Maine a couple of Christmases ago, or maybe I got it at Knit New York [in the Gramercy Park section of the city?] with my friend Celia, who takes me to all kinds of cool little spots. I that shop is closed now...?

It knits up really nicely. Who knew that a soft skein bought on a whim years ago would bring me and Fig together on the couch during tough times, her rolling the yarn into a ball while I tried to show her how not to drop a stitch? Happy to have something soft and bright to report, and my work today felt good, too.

Good night.

TCOY
  1. Boot camp in the soccer dome! Patsy had us do stations, ranging from boxing to kettlebell. I didn't want to go, but am so glad I did. I felt I had so much sadness and worry weighing me down. I pushed through it--and being with Patsy and friends helped.
  2. Walked Fluff around the block once.
  3. Saw pretty moon.


No comments:

Post a Comment