Search This Blog

Thursday, June 28, 2012

Blindsided

No shade in this still from "Rear Window." Love that film.

Up till nearly 3 A.M. writing a story for a big magazine website about blinds and shades, and how to choose them, which work best in which rooms, etc. Have again expanded my vocabulary to include shady words like: Roman, blackout, honeycomb, and so on. [It helps that I just saw a real honey-bee honeycomb over a window at the Cape last week. Helped me visualize the honeycomb shade, which also has neat rows/pockets.]

I had to get myself in the right frame of mind. Shopping for blinds and shades can be confusing--I know that firsthand. So I tried hard to make the copy lively and helpful. I hope my editor agrees.

I would have finished earlier but had to
  • Distract myself with Facebook for a while when I settled in at my desk at about 2:30 this afternoon. I really don't troll Facebook much, but today I did, looking up high school classmates, following a couple of romances, etc. Intriguing.
  • Have some cheese and crackers.
  • Eat dinner. Do dishes.
  • Take Figgy to bank so she could withdraw $110 seed money from her own college savings account and then to A.C. Moore b/c she and her friend are about to launch a clothing line this summer--tie-dyed shirts, studded shorts, etc. Etsy store to come. Will keep you posted. I hope it happens.
  • Wait while Fig went into Cups for a froyo to go.
  • Go the grocery store to get essentials: green apples, organic milk, whole-wheat bread, cereal, granola bars--and People Magazine.
Good night to you. Or good morning.

TCOY
  1. Boot camp in the park. Hard, hard.
  2. Iced coffee.
  3. Walked Sug down to hobbit  houses and around block.
  4. Called a supportive person. Learned a new acronym: PKTL, patience, kindness, tolerance, love.
  5. Saw my friend Anne when she stopped by! And my friend Elaine when she stopped by.

No comments:

Post a Comment