Search This Blog

Saturday, June 16, 2012

Cape Cod Emergency Kit

I've got the bag of clean towels and sheets--a ritual started by Dad, since there's no washer/dryer in the house on Wonderstrand Way. You tote the laundry home and tote it back...even if it's many months later, as it is now....or you can go to the laundromat up there, or use the washer/dryer at your friends' rental house....

Also: the house keys, the set Dad gave me, with the little red pocket knife on the chain; sunscreen, which I hate to use [feels like a layer interfering with my freedom] but know I have to; many more books than I will ever read in four days/three nights; and my swimsuit, though weather.com tells me the highs are in the 60s this week. Young Nikki will probably want to drag us into Great Pond anyway.

Tomorrow is Father's Day. Anne and I cleared this weekend with "our men," as she likes to call good Michael and H., before we penned it in. There were no other weekends, b/c H. is away next week....I will miss him on Father's Day, but I left cards [one from me, one from Sug] and a present by the coffeemaker. Figgy will get him something, too.

More later.


No comments:

Post a Comment