Search This Blog

Friday, June 22, 2012

Sexy Mamas

We've come a long way.
Been wanting to blog about the Samsung press event yesterday morning @ hip Milk Studios on 15th street between Ninth and Tenth avenues. Focus: Space-age advances in home appliances, from a washer/dryer you can start remotely [even from the office, depending on where the office is] to a multi-tasking fridge said to be big enough to hold the equivalent of 32 sacks of groceries. It has a built-in, intuitive computer touchpad in the door, so you can sync each family member's calendar, look up recipes on a special app and do other magical things. Your fridge door can be uncluttered and serene.

Your life can be sexy and free--that's the subliminal message. Think of the time you'll save. Next up, no doubt: A genie who floats out of the olive oil bottle to load the dishwasher.

Star Power
Patricia Heaton, who played Ray's wife on "Everybody Loves Raymond," was the spokesperson. In real life, she has four sons. That's a lot of dishes, dirt and laundry....no matter if Ms. Heaton or someone else is handling it.....

She looked chic in spotless white, from a fine-knit sweater and chunky ivory ring to slim-fitting pants. Nude patent leather sandals with high wedges--nice grounding for the white. It wasn't lost on me that the way she dressed was a calm, cool, glamorous contrast to the harried way I often look in the kitchen....like right now, I have pans of brownies and granola bars in the oven, and I'm wearing a black skort, fuchsia shirt, high ponytail and no shoes. I'm sweating. But if I had a Samsung kitchen, maybe I wouldn't be.

Details, Details
As usual, I liked the mechanics of the press event. The edgy young photographers, whom I heard talking--while we waited for Ms. Heaton--about girls they dated and NYC neighborhoods they lived in [such as "Upper West"]. Also: Nice sandwiches from Bouchon Bakery, and the signature chocolate corks [I've made them @ home] and Nutter Butter sandwich cookies and the Bouchon version of the Oreo--the TKO.

Plus, I'll be writing more about household management/maintenance [have some new assignments from goodhousekeeping.com], so this spiffs up my knowledge bank. 

Must sleep. Good night.

TCOY
  1. Salon blowout.
  2. Went with Figgy and her friend Olivia to see a really sweet summer movie tonight: "Moonrise Kingdom." So endearing and takes place on an island in early 1960s....great details. Loved the lighthouses.

6 comments:

  1. Just wanted to say that I just saw Patricia Heaton on "The View." She was all dressed in white and did talk about the refrigerator. Maybe came directly from the press event? Or before it? Lin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lin....yes, she likely went before the event....i think...missing you and Dut and Aunt E. love alice

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute blond boy who plays one of Bill Murray's sons in the movie ... on my Son's baseball team and they have played together. Seems like nice kid. I saw him engaging 3 year old girl who talked with him at the game.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Bill, how are you doing? I hope all is well. That movie is so magical and lovely....so interesting that you know the little boy who plays one of the sons.....i hope your life is good....alice :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am good thanks. We should get together for drinks in Montclair to catch up. Either you and me or u+H & me+W.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bill, I would love to catch up. can you pls. email me at alicehurley@aol.com? thanks alice

    ReplyDelete