Search This Blog

Friday, July 13, 2012

Pie

Emile Henry pie dishes image from pennyspies.com

I've been working with my friend Anne on the 1st Annual Summer Berry Bake-Off to benefit Toni's Kitchen, the bustling soup kitchen here in Montclair. The contest [and bake sale] is on Sunday, July 22.

Let's just say I may or may not be combing my wealth of cookbooks for a winning idea. And I may or may not be in possession of a brand-new, French country-white Emile Henry ceramic pie dish to elevate the look of a humble entry. I have my eye on the prize! Dinner for two at a restaurant in town, and other great booty.....but seriously, even if I'm not a finalist, I adore a good bake-off!!!!!!!!!! Old homespun fun. If you are in the vicinity, please join in, too!!!!!!!! Let me know, and I'll look for you. Check toniskitchen.org for details and to register.

Sweet dreams.

P.S. I can't believe there is a "Fig" color on the stack of pie dishes, second from bottom. Could have gotten that in honor of Figgy!!!!!!

TCOY
  1. Boot camp in the park. Hot, hot. But I'm proud to have done the one-hour class.
  2. Walked Sug around block once. We were both panting, though.
  3. Private Benjamin, family appointment.

No comments:

Post a Comment