Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Hello from Apple Store @ Willowbrook Mall

MacBook Pro with Retina display.
Fig and her friend Caroline had to do a last-minute mall run for the first day of senior year tomorrow @ Montclair High. [As though Fig doesn't have 40 million pieces of fashionable clothing already, many of them strewn on her bedroom floor. But she has a little birthday money burning a hole in her quilted black handbag.]  She was checking the NJ Transit bus schedules online but I said I'd rather drive them than have them on the bus the night before school starts.

So here I am in the Apple store @ 8:38 P.M. I LIKE this Apple MacBook Pro laptop. Fingers flying over keyboard. Fast, with great, crisp display. Very efficient. It starts @ $2,199. "Incredibly thin and light design," the promo copy says. I'm here to tell you it's true. I lust for one.

The bake sale netted $347 for the soup kitchen in four hours!!!! It was great, and the rain stopped. Such supportive neighbors and friends, and all for a good cause.

I'll say good night now. And may senior year be as fun, freeing and full of color and promise for these young women as a trip to the mall.

TCOY
  1. Boot camp in the park. But it was hell in that humidity. I draimed my huge water cup pretty fast.
  2. Asked Fig to bring me an almond butter and jelly sandwich on wheat at the bake sale. This is a big step for me, better than eating sweets all through lunch. [I always buy some of what is for sale.]
  3. Planning early bedtime [for me at least].

No comments:

Post a Comment