|My pink bike. Caveat: It weighs a ton so is hard to pedal.|
I had a three-sport day today, although maybe more accurately described as a three-mini-sport day.
I biked to Mass, walked Sug around the block and went to a [very] gentle afternoon yoga class with Figgy.
Mini or not, am proud and feel like I took steps in the right direction.
- Filed and polished my nails!!!! With Christian Dior Diorling, a frosty light beige. Reminds me of a bottle [of Yardley? nail polish] I liked in the 1970s. It was Mom's or Sis's first.
- Quiet contemplation @ Mass.
- Have been plowing through piles of paper and mail. It's an ugly task for me, yet beautiful in some ways, too, such as when I found a paycheck for an event H. did.
- Played audio version of Anne Morrow Lindbergh's Gift from the Sea book on my laptop while slogging through piles. What an enchanting book for women/mothers/writers. What an enchanting woman.
- Just made the oatmeal cookies from the new Moosewood cookbook my dear niece Leah gave me for my 50th bday. The recipe makes 24 good-sized cookies and calls for just 2 T. butter and 2 T olive oil for fat [versus a stick of butter], plus whole-grain flour. And they are good.