Search This Blog

Thursday, November 22, 2012

Thanksgiving Eve

I made the Chocolate Raspberry Torte from the Cook's Illustrated 2012 Holiday Baking issue--to bring to Connecticut. It's a two-layer affair, with dense chocolate cake, fresh raspberry filling and dark, shiny ganache on top.

I've been baking forever, but this is the first time I made a recipe that called for cardboard rounds to cool the layers on. I cut them from a cereal box in the recycling bin.

H., Figgy and I are driving to Sis and Don's and then going to the house of a friend, who loves to make big holiday meals for up to 40 people....she really wanted us all to come. It should be fun.

We're hoping to take a walk first, in pretty country out there....

Today I reached out to someone for help....and it helped. Funny how it works that way.

Good night.

TCOY
  1. Boot camp in the park.
  2. Walked Sug around block.
  3. Salon blowout.
  4. Saw my friend Anne for lunch!!!
  5. SOS for help, and it helped.
  6. Watched TV show with Fig.

No comments:

Post a Comment