Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Tidings of Comfort & Joy

Fabric and pompom trim to wrap up sacks of Christmas cookies.
Today I took Fig to Rock Paper Scissors in Montclair, the cutest, most stylish store ever for people who sew and craft. While she chose a pattern and fabric for a dress she wants to make for her art school/fashion design portfolio [which is due soon, so I'm feeling nervous for her], I tooled around.

I found the last piece of this 100% organic cotton fabric above--called Circa 60 Beach Mod by Monaluna for Birch Fabrics. I love it. See the pine trees? And you know, everyone travels @ Christmastime and can use a road trip snack sack.

The fabric was $20 for 1.5 yards, but I hope to use it to wrap up sacks of sturdy cookies [biscotti, oatmeal, chocolate chip] for a few people. I'll fill plastic bags and then wrap the fabric around. Then, I will tie each Santa sack with a pompom-trimmed bow.

These are the things that put joy in my heart.

Good night.

TCOY
  1. Rocky day, but pulled it together by this afternoon, Private Benjamin appointment. Helpful.
  2. Walked Sug under night stars for 30 minutes.




2 comments:

  1. I sooo know what you mean, the joy in the heart moments. I undoubtedly will blog about the joy I got from combining and organizing my wrapping goodies as we move into the season!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kim! yes, we understand each other ;) Happy Thanksgiving. xo alice

    ReplyDelete