Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Worn Down

By now I sound like a stuck CD, that just whirs and whirs and doesn't play.

Today is Day 9 of no power. Tomorrow I have to take up the offer of one of my kind friends and go do some laundry. Maybe @ Rachael's, or Rebecca's, or Diana's....tomorrow the schools open, too, after seven consecutive days missed so far.

Right now I am @ Ron and Beverly's, parents of Figgy's friend Olivia.

I am not taking care of myself and I am tired. I had French fries today with my brisket sandwich. This is getting old.

It did feel good to vote, even though we had to go to another polling place, as ours was not yet open due to power outage.

I don't have much else to say. But I do miss Dad.

Good night.

TCOY
  1. Walked Sug around block once.
  2. Private Benjamin, alone and with family.



7 comments:

  1. OH, Alice, I am SO sorry. Any word when your power might be up again?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my dear, of COURSE you are tired! And so sad it translates to French fries. But you can only do so much, and frankly, can only be expected to have so much gumption. And pioneer woman, you are employing plenty of gumption just getting through your day. Here's hoping you get back to normal soon.

    So good of youbto vote. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sending our love from downtown Manhattan!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good grief, Alice, I'm so sorry. Prayers for power!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Alice,
    Having been there and done that (regular power loss on this island and one totaling 11 days)I sympathize. Hang in there! Tomorrow is a better day and God willing, you can forget all the hardship.
    Thinking of you,

    ReplyDelete
  6. What the #@%! ? I thought you were next! Please let me if there is anything I can do! Love, Lin

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, thank you so much everyone for the nice notes, and for caring...we got power back this morning!!!!!!! love alice

    ReplyDelete