Search This Blog

Sunday, December 9, 2012

The Bobbi Brown Makeup Studio

Bobbi at Studio. Photo from beautifulmakeupsearch.com.
One perk of living in Montclair is that Bobbi Brown lives here, too. I once saw her at the quickie nail salon; her white fluffy dog beat out Sug in a dog costume contest [Sug was a Girl Scout, with tiny sash]; and her makeup studio [and store] is right on Lackawanna Plaza.

Today I popped in there with a couple of girlfriends. I ran out of time so didn't get to buy the pretty POWDER PEARL EYE TRIO set I wanted to pick up for a gift.  But I'll be back. I have to confess, tempted to get one for me, too. I do love Bobbi's pearly, shimmery shadows and the chunky sponge tips on these wands will make it easy and fun to sweep on color.

Paulette, the makeup artist who helped my friend, said what we all know deep down: "When you look good, you feel good."

And yet.....yet. Somehow I went out for dinner and a movie with H. and another couple without a scrap of makeup on my face, except lip balm. I was working with Fig on her college application process and then it was squeeze in short nap or do makeup. Sleep wins!

Oh well. Tomorrow is another day. And I did do some things that contribute to my inner beauty today.

TCOY
  1. Support group.
  2. Walked in Brookdale Park for 45 minutes with Elly.
  3. Walked Sug around block.
  4. Short nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment