Search This Blog

Monday, February 24, 2014

The Frivolous Lipstick Log

The Lilly Pulitzer makeup bag is pinker than this--very cheerful gift* with purchase.
Time to take hold of my lipstick buying. In tony Ridgewood, NJ today [I had a Groupon offer for highlights/haircut/blowout at a deep discount], I emerged with perhaps-too-blonde highlights, slid more dimes in the meter and dashed into Town and Country Pharmacy at 60 East Ridgewood Avenue. It's a beauty mecca on Main Street, and I first found it [or it first found me] when Figgy was sick and we were in town for appointments. I still remember the Deborah Lippmann pink nail polish that lifted my spirits that day.

They carry great makeup/candle/fragrance brands for the NYC sophisticate: Prada, Tocca, Lollia, Seda France, Estée Lauder, Smashbox, Butter London nail polish. And today they had an Estée bonus: Spend $35 or more and get a pretty Lilly Pulitzer makeup bag with samples inside. So I had to bite. Chose a cleanser, but needed to hit $35, so added a lipstick. The nice woman helped me find a color: Dune Rose.

Which has prompted me to realize that I perhaps have a compulsive lip color and nail polish buying problem. Now it's not like a donut obsession or something, where I buy a dozen and eat them all at once, but I find it hard to walk by lipsticks in places ranging from Whole Foods to Bloomingdale's. I've recently bought new tubes from Nars, MAC, toryburch.com and at Bobbi Brown in Montclair--plus that lip gloss from the spa in Cape May.

I won't add all of those up. I will start with today, and keep a running tab. [The thing is, the right lipstick can make your eyes dance and your face seem less tired. Also, it shows you took a second to put some makeup on your otherwise bare face. Plus, it's a feminine touch, and the cases are stylish accessories unto themselves. It makes me happy to see them in my handbag--or my hand.] I think I'll also find this to be a useful record for favorite colors.

Good night. I feel better blonder.

LIPSTICK LOG STARTING MONDAY, FEBRUARY 24, 2014:
  • Estée Lauder Signature Lipstick in Dune Rose @ Town and Country Pharmacy, Ridgewood; $22.50 + tax
*A lipstick was also included in free booty in bag.

TCOY
  1. Important reading.
  2. That Groupon hair deal.
  3. That cleanser purchase. I ignore my skin. Last night at bedtime, I moisturized it for the first time in a while. Felt good. About to go wash it now. Luxury!!!
  4. Popped in to see Moey's mom, Mrs. C., who works right over the Ridegwood border, in Glen Rock. I saw her so much as a girl and young woman, and I miss her. I got her a couple things at Town and Country Pharmacy and had them gift-wrapped. It was nice to see her blue eyes and witness her kind heart.

2 comments:

  1. I love Glen Rock & Ridgewood. I hope you're having a good day ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, thanks, Eileen...hope all is well...I loved that Facebook photo of Pete and Nora...sweetheart dance...so lovely love alice

    ReplyDelete