|One substitute I like for sweets.|
So far, successful substitutes for sweet, junky, empty treats that only lead to more sweet, junky, empty treats:
- Black Jewell microwave popcorn.
- Chopped, unpeeled Granny Smith apple, sprinkled with organic cinnamon, microwaved 3-4 minutes and eaten with some nuts and either yogurt or oatmeal.
- Soft pretzels [bought a box of the frozen ones].
- Iced coffee with half and half and Equal.
- Monkey shake, with banana, pb, ice, one cup or so of milk.
- Speaking of milk, a goblet of nice cold local whole milk. True treat.
- Real meals that curb cravings for empty sugar---today mozzarella and garden-fresh pesto on chewy baked bread from the Montclair Bread Company on Walnut Street.
- Berries for dessert. Helps that they've been on sale. Raspberries and blackberries are pricey.
- Boot camp in the park.
- Private Benjamin.
- Nap in A.C. Yes, I even have hot flashes now.
- Grocery-shopped at 9 p.m. so I'd have what I need for breakfast--lox, bagel [have half], etc.--and snacks tomorrow.