Search This Blog

Friday, December 23, 2016

A Lipstick from Sister to Sister

Punch had a bellyache and I picked her up early from school. Figgy had a bad cold. So off I zipped alone to Connecticut tonight, once the UPS truck finally dropped off Sis and Don's gifts from Lands' End and L.L. Bean in the dark of night, near 8 p.m.

Like that famous peddler with his sack, I was pleased to put our presents under their tree.

Sis gave me our gifts, since we will be in Maine, and had me open one small gift that she had gotten for both of us--Tangee Lipstick! It's been around for 70 years and is supposed to change color to complement your skin tone. We both popped open our tubes, swiveled up the Tangee and rolled it on.

We looked in the mirror. Sure enough, it looked rosier on Sis, with her auburn hair and fair Irish skin, and took on more of a coral tone against my darker skin.

Love my Sis. She got the Tangee from 
Vermont Country Store.

Good night.


1 comment: