Search This Blog

Monday, February 5, 2018

Mascara, Check. Necklace, Check.

This Sequin & Ribbon Statement Necklace is big, but I am tall with broad shoulders, so I can carry it off.
It was on sale at Talbots in Upper Montclair, reduced from $79.50 to $17.99.
When I wore it yesterday with the soft black V-neck I found at STITCH the other day,
Figgy and Punch both said separately to me, That necklace is beautiful.*
I wish I had the wallet and wherewithal to start Christmas shopping for next year,
because the sale section at talbots.com has great gifts at rock-bottom prices.
The little things like makeup and accessories loom large in terms of feeling put together and polished—even if, or maybe especially if no one can see you as you tap on your laptop in suburban New Jersey.
Score one for me. Good night.

*Dan got home from work at about 8 p.m. and he didn't say anything about the necklace, but I could tell by the way he looked at me--when we were schlepping the weekly recycling bins to the curb--that he noticed it and liked it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment