That awkward first full day with no school, no camp, no travel, no pool, no sitter--a dangling Friday. Loose ends--but newfound freedom for the children.
Took Punch for long overdue haircut. Got groceries. And had sister/brother pair of friends over for long time. They all played with 3 boys who live on the block. Activities included:
- Eating the mini seashell pasta I made for lunch.
- Drinking ice water.
- Playing in Miles’ backyard, on swing set.
- Walking to Bradford School playground.
- Playing in ravine behind house.
- Walking to grassy island.
- In between activities, popping in to say, We’re bored. What can we do?
- Having pizza for dinner; the bro/sis don’t eat dairy, so ordered pie w just sauce and bacon for them. Whatever works.
- [Punchy] Getting upset that one of the boys got orange soda in her freshly trimmed hair.
- Walking to basketball hoop at bottom of block.
- [Punchy] Even after 7 hours together--1:30 to 8:30--asking repeatedly for a sleepover w friend before she left.
Oh! Punch and pal noticed the gray-blue dangling pearl ring on my finger and loved it. You look like a mermaid, Punch said.
If only? Or maybe not. I’d be way too tired to swim the high seas.