Dan flew to Charlottesville, leaving the house at 6 a.m.--he was hired to write 60-Second Novels at a big event there and will be back tomorrow afternoon.
I helped out at the elementary school library again, this time from 9:30 to 1. Caught glimpses of Punch and some of her pals, looking fresh-faced, a couple wearing red [one for Valentine's Day, one for Chinese New Year]. I checked in a lot of the books that the children returned and entered a lot of new donated books into the catalog system. Books about gems & crystals, Legos, dinosaurs, reptiles and other subjects passed through my hands--plus novels, including Marley: A Dog Like No Other.
Spent a far amount of money. Long, busy day. Must rest. Good night.
$ MONEY OUT OF POCKET
- Donation, $2.
- Someone I know left wallet home and needed coffee money, $5.
- Parking meters, $3.50.
- Blue Mercury, Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer in Custard. It's a light color. I got a tiny sample last week and used it for days. Feel like it really is radiant around the eyes, for younger look. I can use that power in a dainty magic sponge-tipped wand. $30 + tax, $31.99.
- Cafe Giotto, small portion gnocchi Bolognese, ice water. With $3 tip, about $19.53.
- Java Love to work on laptop. Large decaf coffee and slim, crunchy chocolate biscotti, $5.01 + $1 tip, $6.01.
- Whole Foods dash with Punch between school and CCD. Organic milk, two Theo 70 percent dark chocolate bars [one for Fig], 2 mochi for Punch. $15.50.
- Special, not too large chocolate-dipped cupcake, $4.
- Little girl's bake sale [with her Mom] to raise money for animal shelter, $2.
- Learning Express [toy store] gift card for Punch valentine, $20.
- Valley Girl [fashion store] gift certificate for Figgy valentine, $20.
- Punch haircut at 212 Salon, $40 + tips for shampooer and stylist, $52.
- 2 slices pizza and bottle of water to share at 6:40 p.m. before Punch talent show dance rehearsal with partner, plus jar tip, about $9.