Rach has taught me so much about eating well--not depriving myself, but cooking delicious food.
Anyway, I just made these supereasylittle cupfuls of Clementine Chocolate Lava Cake from food52.com:
I reduced the sugar from 1/2 cup to 3 level tablespoons, and used one 4-ounce bar of Green & Black's 70 percent cacao organic dark chocolate.
Sometimes, in addition to warm, spoonable, brownie-batter chocolate, it's the whole experience I crave. Tying on my pink floral apron with the flippy hemline. Buttering teacups, including a floral one that was my mother's. Whisking eggs, sugar, a pinch of salt and pure vanilla......folding in melted chocolate....transforming simple ingredients into a decadent dessert.
I used three old-fashioned china teacups [they were fine in the oven for 10 minutes] because I don't have four small ramekins.
Such a dark, divine treat.
Good night to you.
- Latte from Joyist. Heavenly.
- Support group at 9:30 a.m. Talked to friends.
- Walked Sug around block.
- Short nap.
- Cleaning bedroom, tossing stuff, Marie Kondo style. Feels good and like taking care of myself.
- Signed on for Rach's group.
- Parking meter, 35 cents.
- Joyist, for my latte, two $5 packs of Java Love energy bites [one for older daughter and one for younger daughter], one Paleo Chocolate Haystack Cookie, $20.