It was a busy, important day and I arranged for my family and Elaine to cover Punchy so that I could take the train back to Connecticut with Sis this evening, just to be together. Tomorrow morning, we are both boarding the city-bound train for different plans and then I aim to be home on the corner in Montclair by 4 p.m. to greet Punchy's schoolbus.
- Walked from Port Authority to destination, 30 minutes.
- Ice water.
- Vegs with dinner--Brussels sprouts and roasted cauliflower, yum. Avoided pasta, ordered chicken. Since no fruit for dessert, stuck to decaf latte. Had spoonful of Sis's tiramisu.
- Sis and I walked back to Grand Central, maybe 15 minutes.
- Walked Buttercup briefly.
- Starbucks at Port Authority. It was 12:30 and I had only had coffee for breakfast. Got oatmeal, egg bites and ice water, $8.60.
- We had a delicious early dinner with Sis's friend at Bistango, an Italian restaurant on Third Avenue and 29th Street. I contributed $40.
- Another donation to help fund the school production of "Newsies" tomorrow night. Punch on stage crew. I looked at GoFundMe page on train from NYC and goal was not met, and my $10 donation looked small! So now I added $22 with handling fee.
MONEY THOUGHT: What I like about tracking my spending is that I think a little more before I spend--about what is important, what is helpful, what is necessary, and what just adds clutter to an already crowded house. Another Starbucks cup? Meets none of the first three criteria above. Helping fund the school play? That seems like money well spent.