Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 13, 2019

Big City, Big Sister

I took the bus into the city to accompany Sis to an appointment.

It was a busy, important day and I arranged for my family and Elaine to cover Punchy so that I could take the train back to Connecticut with Sis this evening, just to be together. Tomorrow morning, we are both boarding the city-bound train for different plans and then I aim to be home on the corner in Montclair by 4 p.m. to greet Punchy's schoolbus.

#Ilovemysister.

TCOY
  1. Walked from Port Authority to destination, 30 minutes.
  2. Ice water.
  3. Vegs with dinner--Brussels sprouts and roasted cauliflower, yum. Avoided pasta, ordered chicken. Since no fruit for dessert, stuck to decaf latte. Had spoonful of Sis's tiramisu.
  4. Sis and I walked back to Grand Central, maybe 15 minutes.
  5. Walked Buttercup briefly.
$ MONEY SPENT OUT OF POCKET
  • Starbucks at Port Authority. It was 12:30 and I had only had coffee for breakfast. Got oatmeal, egg bites and ice water, $8.60.
  • We had a delicious early dinner with Sis's friend at Bistango, an Italian restaurant on Third Avenue and 29th Street. I contributed $40.
  • Another donation to help fund the school production of "Newsies" tomorrow night. Punch on stage crew. I looked at GoFundMe page on train from NYC and goal was not met, and my $10 donation looked small! So now I added $22 with handling fee.
DAILY TOTAL: $70.60.

RUNNING TOTAL FOR MONTH AS OF MARCH 13: $1838.40.
SO FAR, THAT'S AN AVERAGE DAILY SPEND OF: $141.41.
THE HAIRCUT, Whole Foods and PUNCH BIRTHDAY GIFTS, INCLUDING BIKE, REALLY DROVE IT UP. Spends will be unusually high when it's Punchy's or Figgy's birthday and of course, around Christmas.

MONEY THOUGHT: What I like about tracking my spending is that I think a little more before I spend--about what is important, what is helpful, what is necessary, and what just adds clutter to an already crowded house. Another Starbucks cup? Meets none of the first three criteria above. Helping fund the school play? That seems like money well spent. 




2 comments:

  1. I don’t see enough of my siblings. I used to get to Boston twice a year, and would get one or two visitors during the year. But over the last decade it has fallen off as kids could not be packed up and we all get busier and less energetic. But it gives me the same kick that you write about, so I need to make a plan. Hope all the important stuff went well.
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi J. Liz. [so proud of you]. I hear you. I feel very fortunate that I live a 1 hr drive away from my Sis in CT. Are your sisters going on Ireland trip? xoxo Alice

      Delete