Um...nothing? Unless you count walking up and down the hill with Sugar once and eating a healthy lunch of small pesto chicken wrap and quinoa salad made by Bread & Spoon and sold at Java Love on Church Street in Montclair.
$ MONEY SPENT OUT OF POCKET
- Uber to school to pick up Punch and pal at early dismissal, 2:10 p.m. [Dan had car for dr. appt.] + $2 tip, $11.61.
- We walked around Church Street/downtown until 5ish. Lunch for both [2 heated ham and Swiss panini and 2 grande Frappuccinos], Starbucks app, $25.70.
- Java Love, large decaf coffee [I earned a free drink] and TCOY lunch mentioned above, plus $1 jar tip, $10.54.
- Urban Outfitters, Mario Badescu lip balm tube + tax, $8.53. Yes, I bought this to soothe myself, like a baby reaching hungrily for a pacifier, since I was walking all over with girls, seeing lots of things I would like to buy but didn't--in Cafe Giotto [imported canned tomatoes and Giotto’s own chocolate hazelnut spread], Blue Mercury [Trish McEvoy pink perfume], South Moon Under [shoes, even a size 11 in sale section] and Luluemon [jackets, workout pants, sports bras, lilac bags at pretty steep prices].
- For girls, Chocolate Works, two marshmallows freshly dipped in chocolate fountain and some other assorted candy, $9.02.
- Villa Victoria Pizza, friend came for late dinner. One plain pizza and two orders of six garlic knots with red sauce, $20.71 + $4 delivery tip, $24.71.
IN FEBRUARY, AVERAGE DAILY SPEND WAS $112.83, BUT MONTH OF MARCH SPEND INCLUDED HAIRCUT, HAIR COLOR, PUNCH BDAY BIKE, PUNCH BDAY PARTY AND
5-CLASS YOGA PACK.
MONEY THOUGHT: We have one car, so that means we have to use Ubers sometimes here in the suburbs. [For NYC, bus through Lincoln Tunnel and subway once there, if needed.] It's much cheaper than owning a second car in terms of payments, insurance, upkeep and gasoline. But if we needed a second car every day, that would obviously be a different story.