- Before we left Cape, Hot Chocolate Sparrow, chicken salad on wheat, small paleo muffin, great Sparrow postcard and latte, plus $1 jar tip, $16.78.
- Dunkin’ Donuts, bottle of water and cup of ice, $2.01 + $1 jar tip, $3.01.
- Gasoline, chipping in, $8.
- Uber. Punch forgot and thought I was picking her up today--so she didn’t board the schoolbus. Within 10 minutes of walking in the door after drive from Cape, I got a call from the school office. Dan had also gotten booked last minute to work at a family’s Purim party in NYC tonite and needed the car 4 p.m., so I had to Uber to school and back. The driver waited while we stopped at QuikCheck for provisions. $25.80 plus $2 tip, $27.80.
- QuikCheck, organic whole milk, almond milk, milkshake and sub for Punch, $18.78.
- Ticket to chef Lidia Bastianich’s book [memoir] signing in Montclair tonite, $17.
- Since Dan had our car, our sitter, who came to watch Punch, generously let me use hers to get to Lidia event. So I filled the tank [it wasn’t empty], plus $1 cash tip since attendant pumped my gas in pouring rain [NJ not self-serve], $20.54.
Will update other figures tomorrow. Tired from long trip home.
RUNNING TOTAL FOR MONTH AS OF MARCH 21: $3357.72.
MONEY THOUGHT: My sitter/friend, Elaine, is so good and generous. She is here every Tuesday afternoon and other days and nights as needed, and she works for other families, too. She watches Punch, does dishes and laundry, sweeps, brings pepperoni for Sug and to make pepperoni eggs for Punch. She brings white bread and American cheese to make a kid-friendly grilled cheese. [We generally have wheat bread and Cheddar.] She is like family to us. Elaine watched Punch starting when she was an infant. She watched Figgy starting around age 4. She lets us use her car if we occasionally have to--and when we were carless for months, she let me use it once a week for an evening class while she minded Punch. So I like to fill the gas tank.